Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today was such an incredible experience for me.

My name is Tori MacDonald, I am 17 years old and this is my first time to Haiti. Today was such an incredible experience for me. I came on this trip to be transformed and to show God's love to others through good work and appreciation. What I saw today was completely unexpected! I knew that Haiti had a lot of clean up that needed to happen, especially since the earth quake...but after seeing all of the debris, garbage, and broken up roads, I quickly realized that the root of Haiti's problems goes deeper than the earth quake. It broke my heart to see kids running around naked and without shoes, to see mothers carrying large buckets full of water atop their heads just to make it through the week, to see thousands of tents set up from people still without shelter!! I had a huge wake up call today from realizing all of the simple things each and every one of us takes for granted each and every day! Today's lesson: water. Truly think about how many times through out your day you use water, or even waste water. People out here are in dire need of water and will do just about anything to get it. I am so looking forward to the rest of this trip, if it is anything like today, I am in for an adventure! God Bless, and love to all.
Tori MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment